Description of services
No two company’s visions, requirements, or budgets are alike. That’s why Professional Services provides you a set of flexible on-site or off-site solutions, no matter how complex or unique your situation.
Detailed description of programs
A program is a pre-defined set of tasks that enhance your application without fundamentally changing its business logic. Here is a list of the current programs:
Migrating from GDC to GBC
Web browsers have become the de facto user interface platform for business applications and are increasingly preferred for their simplified administration. They enable access to applications from ‘anywhere’ without the need to install ‘client’ software on the user’s device. This in turn enables updates to the installed base with a minimal deployment effort. Given that the application no longer has a client component, it resides entirely on the central server.
Migrating from ‘vi’ to Genero Studio
- Improve developer productivity by changing your current ‘vi’ and ‘make’ command-line driven environment to a graphical user interface framework with Genero Studio.
- Your team will produce fewer bugs and cut more reliable code more quickly in ‘Code Editor’ using its code completion and real-time syntax highlighting.
- You’ll get a ‘big picture’ view of your source files via Structure Views and Dependency Diagrams that will identify dead branches.
- Forms and Reports can be drawn rather than coded using graphical designers. You’ll correct your code with the graphical debugger that provides greater visibility of all variables and their values in a running program.
- Trace and Coverage will determine the frequency of execution of each line of your application and Code Analyser will identify performance bottlenecks.
- Code Beautifier will make your applications easier to read and accessible to the entire team. These features and more will result in increased productivity of the development team.
- We’ll analyse your existing environment and assist you towards transforming it with Genero Studio. Even the most diehard ‘vi’ protagonists will get value from the move.
Using the latest Genero release has many advantages, which include:
- New language and user interface features,
- The latest security patches,
- Support for the latest databases and operating systems.
You’ll feel safe in the knowledge that known bugs have been resolved, and that your next upgrade will take place with minimal disruption.
We’ll assist you with migrating your system to the latest version of Genero, and modify your system where applicable to take advantage of the latest features.
Updating the infrastructure
Do you need to move your application to another operating system? Do you need to move it to another database? We’ll assess the implications and make those changes where necessary.
Enhancing the User Experience
Does your User Interface look like it was written in the last century? So much can be done to revitalize your application without touching a single line of business logic!
Use new widgets, containers, presentation styles, and web components to quickly refresh the appearance. Dig deeper by using multiple dialogs, dynamic dialogs and new language syntax to increase the generic nature of your code, so reducing code length.
With your guidance we will transform the appearance and potential of your application.
Enhancing with Web Services
If you need to expose business processes to the outside world or fetch information ‘on the fly’ from external systems, Web Services is the answer. We’ll assist you with the definition and implementation of Web Services and configure your Application Server to publicize and consume them.
On-boarding to Genero Cloud
Moving from an ‘on premise’ to an ‘off premise’ Cloud environment requires a certain amount of ‘on-boarding’. It is not always as simple as copying binaries and data from one location to another. On-boarding entails careful analysis of the application to ensure that performance does not suffer in a world where once ‘free’ resources such as CPU, memory, disk and network bandwidth cost money! We’ll assist you with identifying configuration, application, interface, and resource issues that may need to be adjusted to cater to Genero Cloud.
Writing Genero Report Writer Reports
Whether you are moving from IBM Informix 4GL, ACE Reports or a third party reporting tool, we’ll help you migrate to Genero Report Writer and enhance the appeal and impact of your business reports at the same time. This includes taking advantage of resources such as fonts, images, colour, barcodes, charts, and relative and absolute positioning. We’ll assist you with the development infrastructure and runtime environment for maximum performance. That may include the writing of templates, data transformations and library calls to save, preview, print and stream reports. Where performance is important, we’ll assist with the design of distributed processing options to ensure your reports do not needlessly consume server resources.
You want to expand into new markets, but those markets require support for different languages, character set encodings, currency and decimal symbols. We’ll assist you with enhancing your application to ensure you cover the basic needs you did not envisage when you first developed the application.
QA Automation with Genero Ghost Client
Quality Assurance testing can be automated with the Genero Ghost Client to quickly capture errors. An automated testing framework enables you to simulate user-input and perform many tests in a very short period of time.
We’ll assist you with implementing a unit test framework that will not only validate the correctness of your application, but will also benchmark its scalability under load conditions that are difficult, sometimes impossible to reproduce in the lab.
Databases: IBM Informix (all editions); MS SQL Server, Oracle®, MySQL®, PostgreSQL
Operating Systems: Linux®, Suse®, Red Hat®, MS Windows/Server, Oracle Solaris®, IBM AIX®