Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-page report  (Read 9538 times)
Joseph M.

« on: July 08, 2009, 04:58:26 pm »

Hello, I have several large reports. These report have many sections with alot of constants in them preceeded by a check mark indicating that the item is selected. My report is a simgle row of data with indicators of which items are sleected. I need to print several pages of this constant data.

My question is how do I create multiple pages in the report designer?

Thank You

Joe Miller
Romain W.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:17:05 am »

Hi Joe,

Ok, according to your question, I guess the issue is to insert a page break within the report. This can simply be done by inserting for example a 'Layout Node' with a height ('Y-size') set to 'rest'.
Please, have a look at the example attached:
I have created a root page ('report page') with two 'Mini pages' ('page1' and 'page2') containing a wordbox displaying a single string. I want each string to be displayed on a separate page. Thus, I inserted a 'Layout node' between both 'Mini pages' with 'Y-size' set to 'rest'. This will trigger the page break.

Note 1: The two 'Mini pages' are not especially required: I could also put both word boxes on a single page and insert the 'Layout node' between them.

Note 2: The page break can also be done with another container then a 'Layout Node', for example a 'Stripe': in this case, I have to set 'X-size' to 'rest' (because the default layout direction is different).

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Romain

* test007.4rp (1.3 KB - downloaded 1033 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: