Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Form-Based Action Default Text not Displaying for a Single User  (Read 7939 times)
Scott V.

« on: April 01, 2016, 09:32:34 pm »

I have a 2.50 Genero program running through the GWC where the .per has action defaults:

Code
  1. ACTION DEFAULTS
  2.  ACTION nisuserguide ( text="User Guide" )
  3.  ACTION importrecs ( text="Import" )
  4.  ACTION processrecs ( text="Process" )
  5.  ACTION postrecs ( text="Post" )
  6.  ACTION purgerecs ( text="Purge" )
  7.  ACTION paycode_mnt ( text="Pay Codes" )
  8.  ACTION payrate_mnt ( text="Pay Rates" )
  9.  ACTION procabs ( text="Proc Abs" )
  10.  ACTION export_emp ( text="Export Emp" )
  11. END --ACTION DEFAULTS

Screen shots are attached showing what I and other users get (with the Text) vs. what one particular user gets (no Text, buttons just read the action name itself). I can post the whole .per if necessary, but it's long. I just can't figure out why one particular user would not get the text when everyone else does. OS/browser/program/etc is the same.

* Action Defaults with Text.jpg (126.88 KB, 960x1160 - viewed 1262 times.)
Scott V.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:37:09 pm »

Oops, forgot the second screen shot with no Action Default text.

* Action Defaults with no Text.jpg (113.5 KB, 826x597 - viewed 1277 times.)

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 10:43:25 pm »

The most likely scenario is that there is a call to ui.Form.loadActionDefaults that is user specific.  This call will replace any form level action default items as well as override any application level action defaults.  I have seen Genero applications that allow users to map hot keys uniquely.  To do this, they load action defaults at runtime and attach them to the current form.  This is typically accomplished with a form initializer.

According the 4Js documentation for the ui.Form.loadActionDefaults: If a form contains already action defaults, it will be replaced by the new action defaults loaded by this method.
Scott V.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 10:58:22 pm »

That's it. I call a form initializer in a library that can read a user's saved key preferences for ACCEPT, etc. I set her preferences to the default, and the Action Default Text appeared next time she ran my program. Thanks.
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 01:55:52 am »

Hi,

You have found it but a technique you could use to find this issue is something most GDC developers will be familiar with, but is not as well publicised for the Web clients is to view the AUI Tree.

To do this with 2.50 you need to ensure that the proxy is started with the --development option https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gas-2.50.00-manual-html/?path=fjs-gas-2.50.00-manual#c_gas_tools_html5proxy.html.  This can be achieved by editing the appropriate proxy param in as.xcf ...

Code
  1. <RESOURCE Id="res.gwcproxy.param" Source="INTERNAL">--development</RESOURCE>
  2.        <RESOURCE Id="res.html5proxy.param" Source="INTERNAL">--development</RESOURCE>

When this runs, you will see a few extra icons at the top, hover over them to see the name, the one third from left should be "Display AUI Tree".  This will open the AUI Tree in another web page and from that you can find the ActionDefault nodes to see what file was being loaded etc.

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: