Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Writing an XML document for Word  (Read 14040 times)
Sally W.

« on: November 22, 2012, 10:59:37 am »

Have a customer with a report that is fairly simple in BDL but just about impossible to do via mailmerge.  Right now the program is producing a .txt flat file which they import into Word.

However they are about to change to Word 2010 and have one PC with it on, so that opens the way to XML.  However I'm struggling with where to begin, other than sending them my take on a Word document for them to amend to what they actually want.

If I save it as XML there are huge preambles and postambles, so I'm wondering what the minimum is for Word to be able to open it.  Maybe I should be doing something completely different - creating some sort of XML myself that Word can pick up and turn into Word XML?  You can tell I don't know much about this...

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:33:07 pm »

Sally, did you find a solution for this ?  In the past I had a requirement from a client who wanted labels in a word document based on data from an excel spreed sheet. We were able to create Word documents using  ui.interface.Frontcall() method  and WinCom. If you like I could email you some sample code, but we were  recommended by 4js to use GRW when we were searching for a solution.

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: