GDC install on Mac osX

(1/3) > >>

Lloyd Belperain:
I have Mac osX 10.6.7
I downloaded and installed GDC 2.22.06
GDC will open but without any options.  I need it to open so I can edit and add the Telnet to an IP address options.

I tried creating a applescript to pass the -a -D option so I would be able to run the GDC with these rights but the script is not working.

I have in my applescript:
-------------------------------------------------------
tell application "gdc"
   do script with command "-a -D"

end tell
-------------------------------------------------------

But when I try to compile or run, it errors out and says:
Syntax Error
Expected end of line but found “script”.

Are there any other script commands I can try to run to pass the -a -D option to the application GDC?

Pierre-Nicolas RIGAL:
Hi Lloyd,

Please have a look at GDC documentation, "Command Line":

https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gdc-manual-html/User/CmdLine.html#CmdList

At the end, there is a small hint:

Using the following Apple Script : do shell script "./Applications/gdc.app/Contents/MacOS/gdc <command line>"

To be honest this line is there for a long time and I'm not sure it still works in 10.6, but I presume this is simple enough to be compatible.

Leo Schubert:
It still works:-)
Kind Regards, Leo

Lloyd Belperain:
Thanks, I got it to run in Terminal.  One other question I have is:  Do you have a link where I can download GDC 2.11.05 for Mac osX?

Leo Schubert:
The question is, what is the problem with 2.22 ? and why are not downloading 2.30 ? 2.11 is no more downloadable.
We always recommend installing the latest released version because it contains the latest bug fixes and the broadest number of tests applied on it.
Kind Regards, Leo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page