Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: First Page header different from subsequent headers  (Read 9310 times)
Harmesh S.

« on: June 23, 2010, 11:25:12 am »

I am doing a report that requires the first page header to be different from all other page headers - Any ideas how to do this?

Also I have an image at the bottom of a group which will overwrite the ON EVERY ROW line if the last line is at the bottom of the page - in normal reports I would do a NEED statement - how do I stop this from happening?
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:39:40 am »

Declare the first page header with section set to "FirstPageHeader". This one will be printed on the first page only.
Declare another header with section set to "AnyPageHeader". This one will be printed on any page but the first. Look at the documentation on the "section" property for details.
Regarding your second question I need more information. If things get overwritten then you are probably using positioned elements. You should consider finding a solution that that does not require fixed positions if possible. There is a entry in this forum that discusses techniques to do the equivalent of 4GL "NEED" statement. Did you look at this?
Regards,
Alex
Scott B.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »

For the documentation on your page header question, please see the following:

https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gst-2.21.06-manual-html/reportwriter/User/designhowto.html#Headers_and_Footers

If you are not finding this clear, please let me know so that we can update the documentation.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: