Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Report Reuse  (Read 12599 times)
Gary C.

« on: February 20, 2020, 02:51:53 pm »

Hello
We have numerous documents that all contain the same footer. At the moment, each report (4rp) carries it own footer definition, even though they are all the same.

Is there a way I can write the footer once and reuse it? The footer has images and text which are derived from a passed company record. I looked at linked sub reports but don't think they are the answer.

Thanks

Gary
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 04:50:40 pm »

Hi Gary,

using a sub report for the purpose seems fine to me.
Find attached a little project that demonstrates it.

Best Regards,
Alex

* Shared Footers.zip (9.8 KB - downloaded 1143 times.)
Gary C.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 05:48:27 pm »

Hi Alex

Thanks for the example. Though it works, I am at a loss as to why - apologies if I am missing the obvious!

I can see that the sub report is started, output to and finished in the main report within the "FIRST PAGE HEADER" section.

The sub report prints the footer contents also within a "FIRST PAGE HEADER" section.

In the main 4rp I can see the sub report is there but I am confused by its position in the structure. What is causing it to actually appear as a footer?
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:38:13 pm »

Hi Gary,

The root element of the Footer.4rp report has the "Section" property set to "anyPageFooter".
That declares it to be used as footer. If you remove that property (for testing purposes) then the footer will appear before the rows.

Best regards,
Alex
Gary C.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 08:48:57 am »

Hi Alex

Thanks - the only place I didn't look!

I have now transitioned 16 documents to use this common footer approach and I am now looking at doing the same for the common headers. Thanks for your help.

Gary
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:41:09 am »

Hi Gary,

Anytime. Glad I could help.

Best regards,

Alex
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: