Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: "HTML Box" component converts text to image  (Read 16615 times)
Anderson P.

« on: June 15, 2018, 04:14:55 pm »

Hello!

When I use the "HTML box" component at Genero Report Writer the content is automatically converted to an image, even if the chosen output is HTML.

But my main problem is that on the PDF output, users are unable to select the text, so they can't copy/paste the report content. This ability to copy and paste text is a demand of users.

Is there a workaround for this? Since the variable that i'm sending to the report is a HTML text, if I use the word wrap box I will need to write a replace function to strip off all the html tags from the text.

Thanks for your attention.
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:40:35 am »

Hi,
Yes for HTML output it is converted to an image but not so for PDF output. There the copying of text coming from an HTMLBox should be possible.
Can you perhaps attach a file containing the relevant HTML to reproduce the issue here?
Best regards,

A. Geller
Anderson P.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:05:18 pm »

Alex, sure!

Follows attached the 4RP file, and a link to download the PDF generated because it's to large to attach here.
https://www.tramontina.net/cax?Arg=888065f5d5ea71efaf343dd70524f799

There is a HTML box with a HTML text, and a HTML box with a simple bullet inside.

Both are converted to image at the final report.

By the way, we are using Genero Studio 2.50.20

* report_4rp.4rp (6.74 KB - downloaded 970 times.)
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:10:28 pm »

Hi,

I have tried with the attached HTML file (unfortunately I don't have the HTML content that you used) and produced output that looks similar to your report.
With this HTML the text is preserved as expected.
See the attached file report.pdf which was produced by the current version (I also verified with version 2.50).

I suspect that there is something in the HTML that make the engine render the text as outlines in you case. Can you please attach the content of the variable "lr_carta.somdescr"?

Best regards,

Alex

* tramontina.html (0.23 KB - downloaded 1011 times.)
* report.pdf (1.29 KB - downloaded 1060 times.)
Anderson P.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 02:22:58 pm »

Alex,

I have placed the following at my code:

display lr_carta.somdescr
display "-"

Attached the output. I have seen that there is a <div> element. Maybe this is causing the problem. But there are other outputs without this and all of them are converting to image.

Thanks for your attention.

* somdescr.txt (27.96 KB - downloaded 1032 times.)
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »

Thanks a lot.

I tried with the first line from that text and it works fine too (see attached output file).
There must be something that we are missing that I don't see. I suggest therefore that you send a GREDATAFILE and the 4rp to support so that we can reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

A. Geller

* report.pdf (1.28 KB - downloaded 1051 times.)
Anderson P.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 04:01:09 pm »

Alex,

By GREDATAFILE you mean the RDD file?

Follows the report and the RDD file. I removed many things off the report, because it's much more complex with other elements and images. I left only the HTML Box with the content.

I tested this way and the HTML keeps outputting as image.

Best regards.

* report.4rp (3.04 KB - downloaded 1005 times.)
* sdp210.rdd (116.09 KB - downloaded 1042 times.)
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 04:14:48 pm »

Hi,
> By GREDATAFILE you mean the RDD file?
No, it is an evironment variable that you can set to put the report engine in a debug mode where it produces a debug file instead of executing the report. We can then use that debug file to rerun your report here. If you set for example "export GREDATAFILE=/tmp/gredatafile.xml" prior to running your program then it will produce the file "/tmp/gredatafile.xml" which we can use to rerun your report.
The procedure is described in the documentation here: http://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gst-manual-html/#gst-topics/t_gre_report_bug.html
We need that file and the .4rp file and any externam resources used by that (e.g. .rdd, images, ect.)

Best regards,

Alex
Anderson P.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 04:42:39 pm »

Oh, ok!

Now I understand :)

Follow attached the debug file for the previous report.

* report_XML.zip (21.28 KB - downloaded 997 times.)
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »

Hi,
we quickly ran the report here and the output is fine (see attachment).
I propose to take things offline from here and to continue directly with the support.
They will open a case and contact you tomorrow.

Best regards,

Alex

* report.pdf (1.26 KB - downloaded 1061 times.)
Anderson P.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 06:06:45 pm »

Very strange!

Ok, I will wait for our consultant.

Thanks for you attention.
Anderson P.

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 07:57:12 pm »

So, when I originally posted this topic I thought that the text being converted to image was a consequence of using the HTML Box.

Instead, after speaking to out consultant Florencia we figured out that this only happens at GRE 2.50.15, updating to GRE 2.50.24 solved the issue.
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 09:21:45 am »

Thanks for getting back and sorry for the inconvenience. Glad that you and Florencia figured it out.
Have a great day,

Alex
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: