Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: error:(GS-13039) resolve conflict before compiling  (Read 13782 times)
Carlos L.

« on: May 02, 2016, 11:01:54 am »

I'm having a GS-13039 error thrown after compiling generated sources from the template on a remote server.
This usually happens after I edit a POINT/BLOCK section.
After that GST generates a .conflicted file and deletes the other generated files.

I'm editing POINT and BLOCK statements from *_ui.4gl and *_uidialog.4gl and, sometimes, after editing one of them. GST marks it as conflicted, generates new code and ignores the changes I made.

When this happens I have to recover the lost POINT/BLOCK from the conflicted file but then I lose the changes made to the other generated files that I changed previously.

I can't really pinpoint why this is happening since it's not something that always happens.
At first I thought it could be a system date(GST local vs. remote aix on saving the file in the mountpoint) difference check that triggered the error but now I'm not that sure.

Why is this error(GS-13039) triggered and how can I avoid it?

Code:
Compiling '/home/jcv/leaseClientes/src/clienteproduto.4fdm'
/home/jcv/leaseClientes/src/clienteproduto_uidialog.4gl.conflicted::error:(GS-13039) resolve conflict before compiling
*** Failure [17:57:05] ***
Olivier E.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:20:25 am »

Hello,

In order to start working on your issue we need your OS versions Client and Server. We need also your Genero products versions which are involved.

May I ask you to provide these information each time you send a request to support or in the forum please ?

Best regards,

Olivier E.
Carlos L.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:57:28 pm »

Server side I'm using Genero 3.00.22 on AIX 6.1.
Client is GST 3.00.22 on a Windows 7 machine.
Carlos L.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:24:56 pm »

Hello,

does anyone have any idea why I'm having this error?

Thanks in advance
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:30 am »

I don't know the answer.

I would be curious to know what communication you have had with your local support contact on this issue. It seems like the type of issue you should be contacting them with.

I would also be curious if you found this entry in the documentation https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gst-manual-html/#r_gst_error_msgs_bam.html and wether it was helpful or not.  I'll admit I am not sure what it means by "code file id" and "source file id" and perhaps that could be written better so that you could check the values.

Otherwise looking at the path names in your example I wonder if there are two or more developers working in the same directory.  It shows as /home/jcv ...and not /home/carlos or similar

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Bernard M.
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 03:08:02 pm »

Hi Carlos,

This should actually never happen.

One situation could be that there has been a change in the template (dbappX.Y) used  for code generation, as well as some user code modification. To know the reason is very difficult.

You could compare the generated .4gl file with the .4gl.conflicted file for any user code modification, incorporate this user code back in the .4gl to not lose it and remove the .4gl.conflicted file from disk. This should solve the issue.

Regards,
Bernard
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: